Senior Electronic Engineer
At Circuit Mind we are completely automating the design of electronic circuit
Electronic circuit boards are at the core of current and future inventions - mobile phones, augmented reality, autonomous vehicles and spacecrafts. Yet today designing an electronic circuit board is an extremely manual, long and tedious process. At Circuit Mind we believe that this is wrong and we are on a mission to fix it, triggering the future of hardware design.
Taking inspiration from the integrated circuit workflow (hardware description language, logic synthesis, automated place and route), we are creating an entirely new software engine for circuit boards, that takes as inputs the requirements of a circuit board and automatically outputs a complete design, ready for manufacture. In the short term, the software engine augments the circuit design work of our electronic engineering team; in the long run, we aim to bring automation to nearly 100%.
Several small and large engineering companies are waiting for Circuit Mind’s technology. We got the backing of world-class VC investors and we are creating a tight-knit interdisciplinary team of 10 people with outstanding technical abilities in electronic engineering, software engineering and algorithm design. We are looking for humble perpetual learners who are driven and able to think critically. We are excited to offer you the opportunity to be part of our founding team and play a major role in shaping Circuit Mind from the beginning.
Position: Senior Electronic Engineer
Your mission is to design printed circuit boards for clients (schematic and layout) and inform the architecture of Circuit Mind’s core software technology by providing the electronic design knowledge to the rest of the engineering team.
Design circuit boards for customers in a wide range of industries (consumer, automotive, communications and more):
- Gather requirements
- Capture schematic
- Layout the board to meet constraints including power integrity, signal integrity, EMI, thermal, DFM and more
- Perform simulations of functional and non-functional behaviour (power, EMI, thermal and more)
- Verify and test the board.
Provide the electronic design knowledge to the software and algorithm engineers to create software that automates:
- Component selection
- Schematic capture
- Functional and non-functional simulations.
Inform the work of the software engineers to design a novel high-level abstraction. The abstraction allows one to specify the functional and non-functional requirements of circuit boards, which are the input to our core software. This novel abstraction for circuit boards is the equivalent of the hardware description languages used for integrated circuits.
We’d also love you to inform, iterate and challenge the business and technology strategy, and to actively contribute to hiring the rest of the Circuit Mind engineering team.
- Master’s in electrical or electronic engineering (or equivalent professional experience).
- Proficiency in creating schematics for analog, digital and mixed signal circuit boards.
- Experience laying out analog, digital and mixed signal circuit boards of up to 8 layers.
- Experience with at least one professional electronic CAD software package (Mentor, Cadence, Altium, Zuken) and willingness to learn others.
- Deep knowledge of circuit behavioural modelling/simulation and library maintenance.
- Understanding of IPC standard component library creation and circuit board specification.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work productively in a team.
- Strong desire to learn continuously.
Nice to haves
- Solid experience in schematic capture and layout for complex circuit boards:
- 150+ components
- 10+ layers
- High-speed digital signals
- Sensitive analog components
- Industrial level power, EMI, and thermal requirements.
- Experience designing schematic and layout of RF circuits and/or power circuits.
- Experience with EMI and thermal simulation tools.
- Experience collaborating with mechanical engineers to ensure that the circuit meets DFM needs.
- Experience in testing circuit boards.
- Basic knowledge of a software programming language (MATLAB, Python, Java, C, C++, C# or other).
- Strong leadership skills.
Technical challenges and the chance to shape first-hand the electronics revolution.
Competitive salary and equity. 25 days of annual holidays. Central London location.
At Circuit Mind we value diversity and foster an inclusive environment.
If you have an additional necessity or disability that needs accommodation, please let us know so we can adjust the interview process to your needs.
If you’d like to learn more, then please send us an email at email@example.com