Principal Software Engineer
At Circuit Mind we are completely automating the design of
electronic circuit boards.
Electronic circuit boards are at the core of current and future inventions - mobile phones, augmented reality, autonomous vehicles and spacecrafts. Yet today designing an electronic circuit board is an extremely manual, long and tedious process. At Circuit Mind we believe that this is wrong and we are on a mission to fix it, triggering the future of hardware design.
Taking inspiration from the integrated circuit workflow (hardware description language, logic synthesis, automated place and route), we are creating an entirely new software engine for circuit boards, that takes as inputs the requirements of a circuit board and automatically outputs a complete design, ready for manufacture.
Several small and large engineering companies are waiting for Circuit Mind’s technology. We got the backing of world-class VC investors and we are creating a tight-knit interdisciplinary team of 10 people with outstanding technical abilities in electronic engineering, software engineering and algorithm design. We are looking for humble perpetual learners who are driven and able to think critically. We are excited to offer you the opportunity to be part of our founding team and play a major role in shaping Circuit Mind from the beginning.
Position: Principal Software Engineer
As a Principal Software Engineer at Circuit Mind, you’ll take ownership of our software architecture, planning and personally delivering large features, proving and scaling Circuit Mind’s core product in a supportive, inclusive, cross-functional team of experts.
Direct the software architecture of Circuit Mind’s core product.
Lead the delivery and personally deliver crucial features.
Prioritize, break down, and plan the work.
Work with the founders to influence company strategy and culture.
Coach junior software engineers on architecture, technology and delivery.
We’d also love you to inform, iterate and challenge the business and technology strategy, and to actively contribute to hiring the rest of the Circuit Mind engineering team.
- Extensive professional experience architecting and building software solving deep, complex problems using Python.
- Professional experience with automated testing and maintaining large codebases in Python.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
Nice to haves
- Experience in implementing algorithms (for instance: high-performance computing, algorithms on graphs, mathematical modelling and optimization, geometric algorithms, data science and machine learning).
- Experience in modelling reality with software. This means creating the right abstractions, information flows, and data structures to correctly represent a complex reality (in our case, electronic circuit boards).
- An interest in electronic engineering.
- Technical challenges that the world has not solved before and the chance to shape first-hand the electronics revolution.
- Collaboration with friendly world-class team.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- 25 days of annual holidays.
- Flexible working environment.
- London Bridge office.
Technology stackThe current back-end stack consists of Python 3.9, PostgreSQL, Django, mypy, GraphQL, Docker, Heroku, Redis, and some specific algorithm libraries.
If you’d like to apply, then please send us your CV at email@example.com