Lead Software Engineer
At Circuit Mind we are completely automating the design of electronic circuit
Electronic circuit boards are at the core of current and future inventions - mobile phones, augmented reality, autonomous vehicles and spacecrafts. Yet today designing an electronic circuit board is an extremely manual, long and tedious process. At Circuit Mind we believe that this is wrong and we are on a mission to fix it, triggering the future of hardware design.
Taking inspiration from the integrated circuit workflow (hardware description language, logic synthesis, automated place and route), we are creating an entirely new software engine for circuit boards, that takes as inputs the requirements of a circuit board and automatically outputs a complete design, ready for manufacture.
Several small and large engineering companies are waiting for Circuit Mind’s technology. We got the backing of world-class VC investors and we are creating a tight-knit interdisciplinary team of 10 people with outstanding technical abilities in electronic engineering, software engineering and algorithm design. We are looking for humble perpetual learners who are driven and able to think critically. We are excited to offer you the opportunity to be part of our founding team and play a major role in shaping Circuit Mind from the beginning.
Position: Lead Software Engineer
Your mission is to create the software process and lead the definition, planning, development and testing of the entire stack of Circuit Mind’s software applications.
Work with the electronic engineering team to architect the entire software system that makes up the Circuit Mind compiler for circuit boards.
Develop and test Circuit Mind’s core software. This includes, among other things, structuring a database of electronic components, writing software that chooses the components, places them on the board and connects them according to the circuit board specifications.
Set software development, testing, quality assurance processes and practices.
Lead, support and mentor more junior software engineers.
Deploy the software applications so that they run efficiently on the cloud.
We’d also love you to inform, iterate and challenge the business and technology strategy, and to actively contribute to hiring the rest of the Circuit Mind engineering team.
- Master’s in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent professional experience).
- Solid experience with one or more programming languages (such as Python, C++, Java).
- Experience with the entire software development cycle, from requirement specification to deployment and maintenance.
- Experience in designing and maintaining structured or unstructured database systems (MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB or similar).
- Experience working in agile software development (or similar methodology) environment.
- Good understanding of Linux/Unix environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to coach and develop other people.
- Strong desire to learn continuously.
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with electronic engineering.
- Proven record of leading a software engineering team.
- Experience with DevOps tools and cloud computing.
- Experience using project management tools (JIRA, Trello or others).
- Exposure to artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science concepts, environment and tools.
Technical challenges and the chance to shape first-hand the electronics revolution.
Competitive salary and equity. 25 days of annual holidays. Central London location.
At Circuit Mind we value diversity and foster an inclusive environment.
If you have an additional necessity or disability that needs accommodation, please let us know so we can adjust the interview process to your needs.
If you’d like to learn more, then please send us an email at email@example.com