Algorithm R&D Engineer
At Circuit Mind we are
completely automating the design of electronic circuit boards.
Electronic circuit boards
are at the core of current and future inventions, from augmented reality to
autonomous vehicles. Yet today, designing an electronic circuit board is an
extremely manual, long and tedious process. At Circuit Mind we are on a
mission to solve this problem, shaping the future of hardware design.
Taking inspiration from
integrated circuit design, where high-level languages are used to
automatically create complex circuits in silicon, we are building a novel
software system that creates finished circuit board designs from high-level
requirements. We are tackling hard problems that no one has ever solved
before, pushing beyond what is currently thought to be possible.
Several small and large
engineering companies are waiting for Circuit Mind’s technology. We have the
backing of world-class VC investors and we are building a tight-knit
interdisciplinary team with outstanding technical abilities in electronic
engineering, software engineering and algorithm design.
We are looking for humble
perpetual learners who are driven and able to think critically to play a
major role in shaping Circuit Mind from the beginning.
As an Algorithm R&D
Engineer at Circuit Mind, you’ll take full ownership in developing our core
models and algorithms from the ground up in a supportive, inclusive,
- Problem definition: You will intimately understand the real-world
electronic design problems to solve, through collaboration with the
electronics engineering team.
- Research: You will look into well-established and state of the art
techniques that can be applied to solve the problems.
- Development: You will devise descriptive models and efficient algorithms
that find efficient solutions to real world electronics design problems.
- Implementation: You will collaborate with the software development team
to implement the models and algorithms developed in robust, scalable and
Some electronics design
problems you will solve:
- Generation of alternative design architectures based on user
- Selection of electronic components from millions of
- Validation and optimisation of the logical and electrical
configuration of circuit schematics via simulations and design
- Creation of three-dimensional placement and routing of
- PhD in computer science, applied maths, electrical engineering or
related fields, or Master's and 3+ years experience in developing
- Deep expertise with 2-3 of the following: discrete optimisation,
data-driven optimisation, machine learning techniques, high-performance
computing, mathematical modelling, data structures, algorithms on
- Ability to write, understand and debug clean, maintainable software
- Familiarity with electronics engineering.
Nice to haves
- Prior experience in solving some of the problems of automatic circuit
- Experience developing and deploying production ready software.
- Working knowledge of machine learning and data science concepts,
environment and tools.
- Technical challenges and the chance to shape first-hand the electronics
- Collaboration with world-class multi-disciplinary team.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- 25 days of annual holidays
- Flexible working environment.
At Circuit Mind we value
diversity and foster an inclusive environment. If you have an additional
necessity or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know so
we can adjust the interview process to your needs. We also ensure that
Circuit Mind’s straight-forward and efficient hiring process honours your
If you’d like to learn more, then please send us an email at email@example.com